Love. Life. Everything else.



Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dear Kai,

Happy 17th Birthday!

Every 14th of June used to be one of most celebrated day of the year. You always had sweetcakes and pasta, blowing candles and endless greetings, surprising presents and picture takings. But your birthday this day would be a lot different, we will celebrate it without you. Ironic isn't it? Life was never fair, i told myself....it never was.

I can still remember a couple of years ago, that fateful night of April 21, you left without saying goodbye. Or was it me? T'was me. I still feel guilty up to this day that i wasn't by your side during your last minute. Thinking about it makes me cry and cry. I was late for several minutes, got there at 12:01 AM. The moment I got there, everybody was already crying. Mom, Kuya Aye, Kuya Aning, Tita Ayds, Tita Tots, Tito Anol, everyone. I just bursted into tears when Kuya Aning touched my shoulders and carefully whispered "Wala na si Kai." It seemed that all the memories of you flashed back at that moment. I cried and cried hoping my tears could bring you back to life. I've never cried like that before. Your Ate Jae was the first one i texted about what happened. She didn't believe me at first, hehe. She called me up but her words seemed to just fade. That fateful dawn, Kai.

Back to reality. Everybody misses you already. Mom missed your hugs and kisses. Ate Koki missed your morning talks and loud giggles in your room. Kuya Aning missed the sparkle in your eyes everytime he brings you your favorite pasalubong. Kuya Aye missed pissing you off til you cry. Me, i just missed your laughter, that laughter that fills the room when you laugh from nonsense things to very funny cartoons on the TV. And i miss that warmth everytime i hold your hand. Sigh.

I wish you're happy to where you are now, Kai. You'd probably met Dad in there. You'd probably be sharing all your stories about our family since he left.

I love you so much, Kai. Happy Birthday again. Remember to breathe.

Missing you,

Jose Paulo

5 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

ouch.

and i miss her even though i never got to meet her.

no one had a clue she'd leave that night, hon. we were all optimistic about her getting better, you the most. but i guess God intended things to happen that way. and i know you know that she, somehow, needed the rest.

she is remembered everyday, hon.

and happy birthday, kai. hope you'd like our surprise.

we all miss you..

5:36 AM  
Blogger kendi 'ching said...

*teary-eyed again*

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww... hapi bday 2 ur sis. it seems like she's never been gone for a long time yet? I've lost a sis too, not by sickness nga lng but by accident.

your sis served her purpose well while she was here. some we may have already found out, some are yet to be discovered. basta, everything naman is under God's control. sure, we'll miss them, but we should never forget those who are still here. life goes on.

God bless you.

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"goodbyes must be sudden when forever..." we might not know it by now but everyone's going to pass out one after the other. life's like that. don't get bothered thinking about dying or thinking of your loved ones die, you'd just end up in deep sh*t. trust me. enjoy life and every second of it.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is sad...

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home